RESEARCH &DEVELOPMENT SCIENTIST
The R&D Scientist is responsible for assistance with product and process development experiments, systems and software testing, sales and marketing support, and day-to-day laboratory functions toward manufacture of advanced multicolumn chromatography instruments. This position must understand instrumentation, methods, and quality standards employed in downstream biomanufacturing. Performs job and communicates in a positive and cooperative manner.
This is a technical position requiring experimental and analytical support necessary to develop, troubleshoot, and manufacture the company’s products and technologies. The Research and Development Director will provide direct management and supervision.
- Plans and performs laboratory work at the direction of the R&D Director
- Supports marketing and sales with technical expertise
- Participates in the generation of documents associated with new product introduction including manufacturing and QC protocols, research record keeping, technical white papers and publications
- Maintains an awareness of the literature and other sources of information to remain current with developments in the area of downstream biomanufacturing
- Keeps a neat and orderly notebook containing a record of all work done; maintains other records as necessary
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Requires working knowledge and demonstrated skills in protein purification techniques including liquid chromatography, sample preparation and analysis, filtration, and related methods
- Preferred knowledge includes but is not limited to HPLC, SDS-PAGE, qPCR, ELISA, DoE, single-use systems, cGMP and FDA manufacturing regulations and guidelines
- Demonstrates good troubleshooting skills and the ability to design, propose, and execute experiments with a minimum of supervision
- Displays the ability to manage several active projects or procedures simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- M.S./M.A. in Biotechnology, or related field; or B.S./B.A. in Biotechnology, or related field, with minimum of 2 years’ laboratory experience; or Associates Degree/Certificate/Diploma in laboratory science with minimum of 4 years’ laboratory experience
- Experience in bioprocessing and/or a GMP environment is a plus
- Responsible for following all Lab and Work Safety Policies
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and use hands to operate computers
- Ability to stand and perform tasks at a workbench or in a laboratory
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Other miscellaneous duties as required or assigned
Semba Biosciences, Inc. (Semba) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Semba will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job posted on this site. Resumes submitted to Semba by a third party recruiter without a valid written & signed search agreement will become the sole property of Semba and no fees will be paid in the event that a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited referral.